Roasted Curry Vegetables2016-01-23
- Course: Main Courses
Roasting in a very hot oven gives these curry seasoned vegetables a caramelized exterior while keeping the inside moist and tender. Serve them with our Quick Risotto for a complete meal.
- 10 ounces turkey sausage, cut in 1/4-inch slices (optional)
- 1 small cauliflower cut into bite-size florets
- 1 Tomorrow's® Organics sweet potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 turnip, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large Tomorrow's® Organics red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Prepare the vegetables as instructed above. All all the vegetables, including garlic, to a large mixing bowl and toss with the curry powder, smoked paprika, cumin seeds, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Gently mix until vegetables are thoroughly coated.
Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet. Optionally you may add the sliced turkey sausage to the baking sheet and roast with the vegetables, turning everything after 15 minutes.
Continue roasting until the vegetables are just tender when pierced with a sharp knife and the turkey sausage is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Remove roasted vegetables from oven. Allow to cool slightly before tasting and adjusting the seasoning.
Gently fold a small portion of Roasted Curry Vegetables into our Quick Risotto. Plate risotto and place additional curried vegetables on top.